Real Estate Investing and Landlording Workshops
At the National New Strategies Summit's Main Conference Sessions, November 9-11, you'll have the opportunity to hear from 12 local, regional, and national experts on 13 different topics carefully selected to train you to build massive wealth during 2012's unique, opportunity-filled market.
Every one of our presenters, whether famous, semi-famous, or unknown, was chosen for the same reason: they're in a niche that's super-hot in today's market, and they're great at explaining what they do.
We think you'll be thrilled when you experience our all-new line up of experts. They're real, they're honest, and they're the best in the business at making money in today's market!
See All These Experts During the
Main Conference (November 9-11) for
Just $99 Per Person, $119 for 2!
(or even less, if you're an association member)
Friday Morning Conference Opening Keynote Presenter:
Raymond Aaron, "Double Your Income Doing What You Love"
Are you always full of plans that never quite get realized? Do you know what you "should" do, but can't quite find the time or the motivation to make those things happen? Is your life out of balance and out of control? Are you afraid that what you'll need to do to achieve financial success will get in the way of your desire for happiness, fulfillment, and a life that's abundant in ALL areas?
You're not alone. That's why, to kick off our 2012 convention, we've engaged North America's #1 Success Coach to show you actual strategies and tools—not just hackneyed 'words of wisdom' for managing your life and your goals. Using his techniques, you'll dramatically change your life for the better, just like tens of thousands of his clients have. Join Raymond Aaron on Friday morning, and you'll discover:
- Why most people don't reach their goals, and how to make sure you don't die having not achieved the things that are really important to you
- How to crush procrastination, once and for all, and be the effective, successful person you know you can be
- How to easily master the art of delegation, even when you don't have a staff of minions to carry out your every whim, and gain more time to do what you really want to do…
- Why you're probably writing your goals wrong, and why the simple act of writing them backwards virtually guarantees their accomplishment
Raymond's techniques don't just help you achieve financial success, but also the joy and abundance you want in your life. What he'll teach you will set the stage for the rest of your Summit experience and the rest of your year, so arrive early and don't miss it!
Raymond Aaron is a 20-year veteran of the real estate investing business, and one of Canada's most successful real estate and business entrepreneurs. He is the co-author of the New York Times Bestseller "Chicken Soup for the Canadian Soul". He's also one of the most in-demand success coaches in North America, and thus a tough guy to get. Still trying to place him? He was one of the experts interviewed in the movie "The Secret".
The Profit is in the Paper: Seller-Financed Notes & Defaulted Bank Paper" with Donna Bauer, The NotebuyerTM
Here's an important question for every really estate entrepreneur: do you really want to own the bricks and mortar, or do you just want the income and yield that real estate produces? If you're thinking, "Money without tenants, toilets, and rehab?? Sign me up!!" , then we strongly suggest you listen to Donna Bauer's take on owning the paper instead of the property.
Donna bought her first note over 2 decades ago, made $5,000 for 10 hours work, and never looked back. She's since branched into seller financing and non-performing notes, and is one of the most highly-regarded experts in the country on controlling financing. She'll show you:
- How you can buy existing performing and non-performing notes using other people's money and create huge income or quick cash owning or brokering them
- How you can originate financing on properties you DO want to own, and sell with financing, and get literally infinite yields without being a landlord
- Why buying the bad debt on a properties is easier and more profitable than a short sale—AND gives you more flexibility to keep people in their homes
- Why buying defaulted paper is a great "back door" for getting real estate at rock-bottom prices
Notes—whether bank owned, seller held, defaulted or performing—are the hottest topic in real estate today. If you're not already in this booming, profitable field, come learn how to get in while the gettin's good.
Donna Bauer has been buying, creating, and brokering notes for over 20 years. She lives in the Cincinnati area, but has presented this information all over North America alongside such luminaries as Donald Trump and Suze Orman.
"How to FINALLY Get Control of Your Books—and Make More Money When You Do it" with Mike Butler
In our business, the devil is often in the details. Details like: "What's my REAL return on that rental? How much did I go over budget on that rehab? How much does that tenant who just moved out owe me?" Oh, and, "What do I tell my CPA about my income and expenses this year?"
As you may have discovered, there's no commercially available bookkeeping software that REALLY works for rehabber, landlord, or flipper, so Mike Butler invented his own Quickbooks-based system that that does more than just let you get to the real numbers of your business with the push of a button: it also lets you:
- Collect MORE than 100% of your rents each month. How? You'll have to come and see, but it really works!
- Record your deductible expenses from purchases and sales in less than 8 minutes of effort—no more digging up those HUD-1s at the end of the year, trying to figure out what you can and can't deduct
- Actually track all repair and maintenance requests, run your business from anywhere, and generally make your life more stress-free by knowing your numbers at all times!
Mike Butler hails from Louisville, Ky., where he made his first million in real estate while working a full-time job as an undercover cop. He's a hardcore landlord who believes that EVERY real estate investor must own rentals if they want to be truly wealthy, and is on a mission to teach the world that being a landlord doesn't have to make you miserable
"How to Build an Apartment Business (or Just Earn Lots of Cash) by Flipping Apartment Buildings" with Charles Dobens
Yeah, we were a little skeptical, too. We wondered, "Is it REALLY possible for someone with limited cash, credit, and experience to wholesale apartment buildings, or is this another one of those things that sounds good in a seminar, but doesn't work in real life?"
Then we saw Charles Dobens' system for finding, evaluating, and tying up apartment buildings, and more importantly, for FINDING THE BUYERS, and we just knew that you needed to hear what he has to say.
Charles will lay out his process—so simple that even a trained beginner can do it—and show you:
- What you need (and don't need) to know about the apartment business to make money flipping apartments
- How to find the deals apartment buyers want, and find those buyers before you even have a deal
- How you can pre-evaluate a property before you even see it, and really evaluate it before you try to sell it
- How to make 5-figure (and maybe even 6-figure) profits on every deal, in a business your competitors don't even know about!
Yes—with the right skill set, you can flip apartment buildings just like you flip single family homes (only the competition is less and the profit is higher). Find out how, only at the Summit!
Charles Dobens in a Boston-based attorney and apartment investor. He's the owner-operator of 440 units nationwide, and his firm assists apartment buyers in setting up entities, locating properties, negotiating deals, and
"How to Make More Money in $5,000 Houses That No One Else Wants Most Investors Make on $100,000 Houses--Guaranteed" with Larry Goins
You know those junker houses that you just can't do anything with? You know, the ones that need so much work…or are in such marginal neighborhoods…or are so far from your home that you don't want to rehab or rent them?
Guess what—you're missing out on 400%+ returns if you don't know what Larry Goins knows about finding and financing these properties. Using a simple strategy of "Find 'em, sell 'em with owner financing, sell the owner financing", you can create amazing cash flow OR chunks of quick cash from properties that your competition won't touch with a 10 foot pole. Larry Goins has perfected this strategy, and will show you:
- Where to find these incredibly cheap properties, and what to do if you live in a place where they don’t exist
- How to determine which junkers to jump on and which to run away from, and how to get agents to do most of your work for you (and thank you for it)
- How to sell them fast, and to whom, for literally 3-4x what you paid
- And, pay attention, ‘cause this is important: Larry will give everyone who attends his sessions a FREE property analyzer so that you can always figure out exactly what to offer!
This strategy is hot, hot, hot—we know several OREIA members who are using it right now, with spectacular results! Be there!
Larry Goins is a licensed mortgage broker, real estate broker, and most importantly, owner of a company that flips 10-15 properties a month, on average.
Sunday Afternoon Intensive:
"Wholesaling: The Ultimate Buying and Selling Machine" with Larry Goins
If there's a better strategy than wholesaling for getting cash fast, we don't know what it is. You can literally get checks of $5,000-$10,000 in 30 days or less, without using a bunch of your own money or getting mired in a rehab or messing with tenants or doing practically anything else other than solving the problem of a seller and a buyer.
Larry Goins ought to know: he wholesales 10-15 houses each month, largely without leaving his office. For 3 hours on Sunday afternoon, he'll show you:
- How to find deals online and analyze them fast
- How to negotiate the low prices you need
- How to create a buying frenzy and sell your deals in as little as 2 hours
- How to flip 3-5 houses a month all by yourself, or 10+ per month by building the right team
Larry doesn't wholesale: he has a wholesaling business with systems, technology, and people that make it run right. He'll share his powerful techniques in this 3-hour Sunday afternoon intensive!
Saturday Morning Keynote Presentation:
"How to Make Piles of Money on Over-Leveraged Houses" with Ron Legrand
"My house is worth $120,000, and I owe $119,000, and I absolutely have to sell". If half the sellers you talk to have a story like that, and you have no idea what to do for them, you're pretty much like everyone else in the real estate world in 2012.
But if you're like everyone else, you're missing out on $5,000-$10,000 cash profit on these properties, with no cash investment, no rehab, no raising money, credit repair for your buyer, no short sale, no long-term entanglements—in fact, no purchase of the house at all. Ron Legrand has the whole process worked out for you—and it's a good one. Join Ron, and find out:
- Why the characteristics of today’s market (highly leveraged sellers + buyers who can’t get a loan) create high demand make it the perfect time to make a fortune using this strategy
- Why buyers will HAPPILY “over pay” for these houses, and how to set up a deal that gets you cash, gets the seller’s payments made, and gets buyers the house they want under terms that really work for them
- How the whole process works, from negotiating with the seller to finding the buyer to getting your cash and getting out of the deal
The market is ripe for this strategy—in fact, buyers and sellers are BEGGING for this solution. If you don't know how to make money doing it, you're missing out on one of the great opportunities in real estate today. And if you miss Ron's presentation, you're missing out on one of the most educational and enjoyable presentations at OREIA. So just…be there!
Ron Legrand almost requires no introduction, but here's one anyway. In 1982, he was a broke auto mechanic. Today, he's done nearly 2,000 deals, taught tens of thousands of people how to get rich in real estate, and become a literal "guru's guru".
"For New Investors Only: How to Get on the Success Express" with Vena Jones-Cox
If you're a new investor, the very act of picking the right strategy can be overwhelming. And then there are the crucial questions, "Exactly how much do I need to know to make safe, profitable deals, and how much is that going to cost me, and where do I get the education I need without wasting my money?"
Yes, there's a lot to decide and a lot to learn, but we're going to help you clarify your goals, your best strategy, and how to turn all of the great info you're getting at the Summit into real-life checks in your pocket as quickly as possible. You'll discover:
- Which basic skills and resource you'll need to succeed in ANY real estate strategy (there probably aren't as many as you think)—and how to get them fast
- How to spend your education dollar wisely, and avoid wasting your hard-earned money on scams or inferior training
- How to
Vena Jones-Cox has bought and sold over 700 properties in the Greater Cincinnati Area. She has also trained tens of thousands of new investors to make safe, profitable investments in real estate over the course of the last 15 years. She's the recipient of Ohio REIA's Lifetime Achievement in Education award. If you see her shoes during the convention, please return them to her immediately.
"Turbo-Charge Your Marketing Machine" with Kathy Kennebrook
Everyone in the real estate business knows that they SHOULD be marketing—but very few people do it right, consistently, or, let’s face it, at all. If you know you SHOULD be letting sellers (and buyers) know about your business, but you’re not because you don’t know how to do it, or what to say, or to whom to say it, you’d probably better check out Kathy Kennebrook’s new presentation on automating your marketing.
Kathy built a 6 figure income her very first year as a real estate investor, entirely through marketing. Come hear her, and you’ll find out:
- How to find and contact owners of vacant, ugly properties, out of state owner, attorneys, and a half-dozen other sources of great deals, and what to say to them to get them calling you, begging you to buy their properties
- How to make your marketing system a cookie-cutter, and automate it, so that someone else can do it (‘cause let’s face it, that’s the only way it’s going to get done consistently)
- What to say when sellers call, and how to make the deal right over the phone, BEFORE you bother to take off your bunny slippers and go see the property
Kathy Kennebrook, "The Marketing Magic Lady", leveraged her 20 years' sales experience into a quick rise to real estate success by using direct mail to target "unknown" motivated sellers. She lives in the Tampa Florida area and continues to buy and sell multiple properties per month.
"Other People's Money: How to Raise All the Private Capital You Need to Buy Real Estate" with Jillian Sidoti, Esq.
No funding available for real estate? Not quite. There are literally billions of dollars waiting around for you to spend it on real estate, notes, tax liens, hard money loans and more. So where is this mysterious pile of cash? In other people's IRAs, CDs, and bank accounts, earning almost nothing, begging for returns of as little as 3-5%.
If you're serious about investing, you need to get serious about finding these folks and LEGALLY investing their money in your properties. That's why we've brought back conference favorite Jillian Sidoti to fill you in on recent changes to SEC rules about raising money from the many, many folks out there who are looking for an alternative to the stock market, yet don't want to own or manage real estate. She'll cover:
- What the brand-new JOBS act means for you—how it has and has not changed your ability to advertise, get “crowdfunding”, and more
- What investors who are raising $1 million, $5 million, even $25 million from private investors know that you don’t
- Things you’re probably doing right now that are illegal, and can get you in a LOT of trouble
"STOP Losing Money: How to Collect Your Back Rents and Damages" with Cynthia Schmidt and Gary Schmidt
Cynthia Schmidt is a woman on a mission: to train landlords to stop letting tenants steal their profits, and to teach tenants that they can't get away with taking OUR money or damaging OUR property any more than they could get away with it in any other business.
Now, in her first-ever Summit appearance, Cynthia shares the secrets she's learned about how YOU can work the legal system to get those tenants to pay up, even when they're supposedly "judgment proof", or they don't tell you where they're moving, or you're pretty sure they don't have any money. She'll share:
- How the landlord industry has trained tenants that theft is OK, and how we're going to turn that around
- Why it's worth the time and money to 'get the judgement', even when you don't think the tenant can pay it right now
- Why the 'debtors exam' is your best friend, and how you might even be able to get your tenant arrested for not showing up
- How to collect every dime your owed, and increase the profits from your rental business instantly
This gal is deadly serious about getting you your money, and you should be, too. Don't miss this!
Cynthia Schmidt, AKA "Mrs. Landlady", has owned rental properties for over 20 years. During that time, she's gotten over 90 satisfied judgments from tenants and collected over $200,000 in back rent.
Sunday Afternoon Intensive:
"How to Create Your Own Private Money Plan" with Jillian Sidoti, Esq.
Yeah, you REALLY need to know this stuff—so for 3 full hours on Sunday afternoon, Jillian is going to outline the PRACTICAL steps you need to take to start raising the money you need IMMEDIATELY. She'll show you:
- What goes into choosing the “right” entity and form for your private placement, so you can get the legal stuff out of the way in the cheapest and simplest way possible
- What the people with money want to hear from you before they right you a check
- How to “pitch” your investment in front of the RIGHT people, so you can start raising money right away
Jillian Sidoti is a securities attorney with vast experience in helping real estate investors, note buyers, and hard money lenders create and fund private placements and syndications.
"Double Your Rental Income (Without Buying More Properties) by Providing 'Special Needs' Housing" with Nick Sidoti
By targeting a little-known but very in-demand niche called "special needs housing", Nick Sidoti, aka Dr. Cashflow, has tripled his rental income while virtually avoiding competition. He'll share how to rent to college students, veterans, government agencies, and other customers who will pay you big bucks (2-3 times more than market rent) for providing a few extra key conveniences.
Nick has a knack for not only making tons of money in real estate, but also having a good time doing it. His presentation will leave you rolling in the aisles and remembering the vitally important, cash producing points he drives home with humor. Nick and his alter egos (yes there are several) will show you:
- How to market your rentals to government agencies that pay more than market rent—while saying goodbye to the bureaucratic Section 8 inspections
- How to get over $500.00 rent increase per month without even asking for it
- How to get the government to stuff your mailbox full of money the 1st of each month
Nick is a Buffalo, NY-based landlord who's been buying and managing properties since 1989. He's the nation's leading expert in special needs housing. And no, he's no relation to Jillian.
"Your Asset Vault: How to Protect Your Stuff Against Predators and Overtaxation" with Jeff Watson, Esq.
Are you confused about what you need to do to protect your properties and your business against nuisance lawsuits? Do you wonder if there's a way to keep the government from getting so much of your income? You're not alone.
You need to understand asset protection not because it MAKES you money, but because it SAVES you from losing it all. The average real estate investor gets sued three times in their lifetime, and unless you've taken the simple steps of learning which entity is right for YOUR business and then setting it up and maintaining it properly, your hard-earned stuff-both properties and personal assets—are at risk. Attorney and investor Jeff Watson joins us for his first Summit appearance to show you:
- Why nuisance lawsuits are a plague on small business owners everywhere, and how to stop them cold
- Why privacy is just step one, and building a legal fortress around your business is easier than you think
- Why entities aren't "one size fits all" and how to choose the right one for YOUR situation
Jeff Watson has been a real estate entrepreneur and landlord since 1993, and an attorney since 1991. He is a nationally recognized expert on short sales, IRA investing, and, of course, asset protection for real estate investors.
"Harness the Internet and Explode Your Real Estate Business" with Duncan Wierman
The internet is a powerful tool—and Duncan Wierman has harnessed it to deliver a constant stream of motivated sellers and hungry buyers. And you don't have to be a web expert to do what he's done…if you know real estate, he'll show you how to do the rest!
Duncan has set up systems using things as simple as Craigslist and as sophisticated as specialized squeeze pages to buy and sell properties on the web. No matter what your level of online expertise, you'll learn SOMETHING that you can use right away to buy more deals and sell more deals, including:
- How to uncover hidden bargain deals that no one else is competing for, on the Internet,
- How to boost your credibility with sellers immediately, even if you have no real estate experience
- How to attract hungry investors and buyers who want to know about your deals FIRST, and who will be BEGGING to buy your houses
Duncan Wierman is a full-time investor from Greenville, SC, and buys and sells over 300 houses per year without even leaving his desk.
"Mobile Homes: The Unknown Money Machine" with Robert Woodruff
Trailers. Tornado magnets. Wobbly boxes. Whatever you call them, mobile homes (when bought right and financed right) can have the highest return of ANY asset class in real estate. So why don't you hear more about them?
Because most of the people earning 200-400% on their money in mobile homes aren't talking about it—but Robert Woodruff is the exception. In his first-ever Summit presentation he'll share his experiences buying, rehabbing, and selling mobile homes, including:
- How you can practically buy mobile homes with the change in your piggy bank
- Why mobile homes are so in-demand as housing, and why people who want to live in them will pay you much more than your purchase price PLUS high rates of interest to live there
- Which deals to run toward, and which to avoid like to plague
Robert Woodruff has been investing in mobile homes since 1997. He lives in the Charleston, SC area and is the president of the Charleston SC and Myrtle Beach SC REIA groups.
"How to Rehab for ½ the Cost" with Pete Youngs
In today's economy, everyone is looking for ways to spend less and get more. Rehabbers (and that's you, if you own or retail real estate) can't afford expensive missteps in today's market, yet more money is lost during rehab of a property more than in any other phase of investing. Over-fixing or overpaying for work are the most common mistakes the typical investor makes—and Pete Youngs is here to show you how to bring your rehabs, big and small, in on time and UNDER budget.
Pete Youngs, a.k.a. "Mr. Rehab", has made an entire career out of getting the best possible renovations for the least amount of money. Imagine, if you had the insider information and contractor's secrets that allowed you to cut your rehab costs by 50-75%... Join Pete and you'll get exactly that plus:
- How to put an extra $5,000 in your pocket on your next rehab—pure profit, straight into your pocket
- How to find the illusive "affordable, competent contractor"…and how to keep him with you once you capture him
- How to get incredibly low labor prices without sacrificing quality (or ripping off your contractors)
- Why doing rehabs COSTS you money, but managing rehabs MAKES you money
Pete Youngs, AKA Mr. Rehab, is a contractor and real estate investor from Atlanta who's been involved in projects ranging from single family homes to the living quarters for the 1996 olympics. And yes, he IS related to Tony.
"Foreclosures and the Hidden Market" with Tony Youngs
There are tens of thousands of deals hiding in the country—properties NOT in the MLS, with NO for sale sign in the yard, NOT advertised anywhere, and yet available for sale to educated entrepreneurs who know how to find them, recognize the deals, and deal with the owners. Some are the fabled "shadow inventory" owned by banks and other institutions; others are abandoned properties that the owner would love to sell—except no one can find the owner.
Tony Youngs has made it his business to understand and tap this nearly competition-less market. Now, for the first time, he's sharing what he's learned from years of perfecting this deal-finding strategy with us, by showing us:
- Seven different ways to profit from foreclosures, depending on where your “hidden deal” is in the process
- How to locate and analyze these hidden deals long before they’re known to “the public”
- How to get spectacular deals with no proof of funds, no agent hoops to jump through, and, if you play your cards right, no money!
Tony Youngs has been investing in distressed properties for over 25 years. He's developed a unique niche within the foreclosure business that has allowed him to close nearly 1,000 deals. He lives in the Atlanta area and yes, he's Pete's brother.